- What programs can you print from?
- How can I send a file for printing?
- Can you deliver straight to my office?
- Do you keep files I send to you?
- Why does the print look different from my screen version?
- What is a ZIP file?
- What is a PDF file?
- What is a bleed?
- What types of paper stock do you carry?
- What is the turnaround for my job?
- What do I need to supply with my job?
- What is the largest file I can upload?
- I need my order rushed, can you help me?
- Do you offer design services?
- Are there any jobs too small for CalWest?
1. What programs can you print from?
Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Publisher), Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark.
2. How can I send a file for printing?
You may e-mail us a small file or use our automated system here.
3. Can you deliver straight to my office?
Yes. A small courier fee will apply.
4. Do you keep files I send to you?
We do not keep your files unless specifically arranged.
5. Why does the print look different than my screen version?
Monitors display colours using RGB, while printers use CMYK inks to reproduce colours. In addition, every monitor is different, it would be impossible to match the colour exactly to your screen.
A ZIP file is a compressed archive that may hold one or many files within. To create a ZIP archive, or open an existing ZIP archive please visit www.winzip.com and download the appropriate software.
PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is generated by Adobe Acrobat. If you need to open a PDF file please visit www.adobe.com/reader and download the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Printing that goes beyond the edge of the sheet after printing. This ensures that once your product is trimmed, no white lines will show on any edges.
9. What types of paper stock do you carry?
We have an entire library of paper stocks from linen to matt to canvas to glossy to vinyl.Please ask one of our staff for more details.
10.What is the turnaround time for my job?
This depends on the type of job and how busy we are. Something simple and straightforward printing will take a day, while offset or graphic design services may take longer.
11. What do I need to supply with my job?
A PDF file or high quality JPG (300 DPI).
12. What is the largest file I can upload?
13. I need my order rushed, can you help me?
Yes. Rush orders are available. However, this means other orders may be delayed and thus a rush fee will apply to your order.
14. Do you offer design services?
Yes, we have an in-house graphic designer that can help with all your design needs.
15. Are there any jobs too small for CalWest?
No. In the age of digital printing, no job is too small. If you need a 2 colour prints or 200 colour prints, we will be happy to help you.